Active Ingredient: Florfenicol
Description: white powder
Pharmacodynamics: Florfenicol is a kind of amphenicol broad-spectrum antibiotics which acts as a bactericide through binding with 50s ribosomal subunit to inhibit protein synthesis. Florfenicol is effective against many Gram positive and negative bacteria. It is also highly sensitive to Pasteurella hemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. Florfenicol’s mechanism is similar to thiamphenicol but strong. Due to some acetylated modification, some bacteria with drug resistance such as E. coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae may still be sensitive to florfenicol.
Florfenicol is mainly used on porcine, broilers, and fish bacterial infections by Pasteurella hemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in bovine and porcine circulatory system. Salmonella spp. can cause typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, chicken cholera, pullorum disease, and E. coli infection. Fish diseases for instance Pasteurella, Virbio, Staphylococcus, Aeromonas hydrophila, Enteritis bacteria which can cause fish bacterial hemorrhagic septicemia, enteritis, and erythrodermatitis.
Pharmokinetics: Florfenicol can be taken by oral with fast absorption. Within an hour, the concentration can be in treatment and in one to three hours at its highest peak of concentration with 80% utilization. Florfenicol disperses widely inside animal body and through the circulatory system and mainly disposes by urine with little by feces.
1. The target for florfenicol and macrolides and lincosamides is the same at bacterial 50s ribosomal subunit. Usage together might cause antagonism to the drug.
2. May antagonize with penicillin and aminoglycoside antibiotics but still not proven inside animal body yet.
Indication: Amphenicol Antibiotics. Use in treating Pasteurella and E. coli infections
Administration and Dosage: mix with feed, 0.2~0.3g/kg of porcine or broilers, twice a day for 3~5 days; 0.1~0.15g, once a day for 3~5 days
1. High dosage my cause immune tolerance.
2. Can cause embryo toxicity. Do not use during pregnancy and suckling.
1. Do not use in layers.
2. Do not use during vaccination or immune disabled period.
3. Stocks with kidney disability should reduce the dosage or extending dosage period.
Withdrawal Time: porcine: 20 days; swine: 5 days; fish 375 ˚ C-day
Storage: protect it from light, store in a tightly sealed container.